Wednesday, June 4, 2008

John McCain, Prisoner of War: A First Person Account

I wanted to post this blog about our Republican Presidential Nominee, John McCain. Over the weekend I was watching a baseball game with my father and we began to shoot the breeze about politics and the upcomming election. We started talking about John McCain and were discussing how he was shot down in the Vietnam war and was captured as a prisoner of war. This article is a great article to read because it is a first person account of being a prisoner of war in a very hostile environment. McCain spent 5 1/2 years as a prisoner during the Vietnam war. He suffered many hardships and injuries including a broken arm and leg during his time there. After reading this article, I feel that you all will agree with me that John McCain is a true American hero. I feel that anyone who can survive the hardships of a pow camp, especially for 5 1/2 years, deserves the proper honor and respect from the American citizens no matter what political views one may have.

No comments: