Monday, June 23, 2008

Criticism on KTWise's Blog

My criticism of KTWise's blog.
I found your blog to be particular interesting in reading your insights on the concept of seperation of powers. I completely agree with you on the issues of the balances being off throughout recent history. I feel that congressmen should not just worry about themselves when election time comes around the way they have been with gerrymandering and earmarking to influence the votes the recieve. Although I am a proud American, I am not proud of some of the things our congressmen have done with disregard to our nations needs. The issue of the Iraq conflict is a touchy subject and I respect you expressing your opinion because that is one of the great rights we have. Although I feel that this conflict was necessary in 2003, you may argue that it has been prolonged. Our president was put in such a terrible situation with the terrorist attacks, false information regarding weapons of mass distruction, and the deaths of our troops and innocent Iraqi people, so this is up to the reader to interpret however they see fit.
After searching through various classmates blogs, I found this topic of the recent unbalenced seperation of powers to be most intriguing. I feel the attempt made by Rick Perry and Tom DeLay to redistrict certain areas of Texas to influence voting on a racial scale is a perfect example of this abuse of power made by the legislative branch. However, it was up to the supreme court to check this and balance it and they came through with a case against these legislatures. Likewise, one may make the argument of my comments above about our president exceeding his powers by declaring war on Iraq and keeping us in it for so long. I am choosing not to express my opinion on this matter due to the high level of controversey I have experienced with my own friends and troops that have made it home. I will just ask you to think about the issue, research it, and create your own educated opinion.
All in all, I too feel that the seperation of powers have not been equally balanced and that certain branches of our government have been manipulating this system for their own benefit in our recent history. It is up to our generation to put a stop to this unbalanced system that our founding fathers created so long ago.

No comments: